PB Promise Policy
Last updated January 10, 2024
This policy prevails in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Claim instructions are deemed to form part of these terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, who are aged 18+ and excludes employees and their families of BACX Life Sciences Ltd., subsidiary companies, their agencies and anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
2. Purchase necessary. Please retain your original itemised email order confirmation. Internet access, a mobile phone number, email address, a valid Strava account, Team Perple sign-up on Strava and a valid UK bank account are required.
3. Purchase Period: Purchase any Perple Endurance Mix 4 pack or Perple Sports Drink 6 pack (the “Promotional Product”) from the website [Drinkperple.com] between 00:00 GMT on the 8th January 2024 and 23:59 GMT on the 17th March 2024 inclusive (the “Purchase Period”).
4. Claim Period: Claim online at www.perple-pb-promise.co.uk within 14 days of receiving email confirmation of first order. Claims relate to first orders only, not subsequent orders, and are restricted to 1 claim per order, mobile number, email address & bank account, regardless of product/ quantity purchased.
5. To Claim: Purchase a Promotional Product from Drinkperple.com within the Purchase Period and join Team Perple on Strava. Try the product and if you do not attain a personal best (“PB”) within 8 days, visit www.perple-pb-promise.co.uk to claim your money back. PBs are also known as Personal Records (“PR”) on Strava. They relate to times for specific segments or distances, and are achieved by beating a benchmark time that you would have previously established. Complete the online claim form by entering your personal details including full name, email address, mobile phone number, Strava username, product purchased and amount paid. Provide a statement with a minimum of 20 words explaining why you feel the product didn’t help you to achieve a PB. This statement must be supported with:
a. Uploads of two Strava data visualisations which relate to two geographically identical runs / rides. The first should relate to a run/ride without using Perple products, and the second with using Perple products. Claimants should include in their statement whether any sports nutrition / drinks were used in the first run / ride, and detail the product names, amounts and frequency of the products used. The second run/ride must be within 8 days of the first. Claimants should include in their statements the detail of the Perple products used, amounts and frequency. This will be assessed against the guidance given on Drinkperple.com, in how to appropriately use Perple products during runs and rides. Both data visualisations must show that the prevailing weather conditions were broadly similar and that your relative effort levels were not dissimilar between the two runs / rides. A specimen of a Strava data visualisation is shown in the Appendix to these terms and conditions and must include the data points of: (i) date of run / ride; (ii) distance & moving time; (iii) Elevation; (iv) Relative Effort; (v) weather conditions; (vi) route and elevation gain graph; and (vii) detailed segment table data
b. An uploaded image of your itemised and dated email order confirmation showing purchase of a Promotional Product, purchased within the Purchase Period stated above.
Strava data visualisations and email order confirmations must be uploaded in .png, jpeg, tiff, bmp or .pdf format (size limited to 10MB). You will also need to enter your UK bank details including sort code and account number and your full name as it appears on your bank account so that we can refund you via bank transfer once your claim has been verified. Your bank account name must match the name used to enter on the claim form.
6. Promotional Products:
Max Refund Amount
Perple Endurance Mix 4 Pack
Perple Sports Drink 6 Pack
7. Order confirmations must be itemised and dated within the Purchase Period. Order confirmations must not be altered or tampered with. Any order confirmations that have been altered or tampered with will be deemed invalid and your claim disqualified.
8. Further Claim Details:
a. The uploaded order confirmation will need to show price paid and purchase of a Promotional Product within the Purchase Period to claim. Any claim attempts made outside of the Claim Period or order confirmations that are not dated within the Purchase Period will be deemed as invalid.
b. Claims which do not include all information required will be deemed as invalid.
c. Claims can only be made via www.perple-pb-promise.co.uk.
9. Maximum one claim per itemised order confirmation, per email address, mobile phone number and bank account. Each person can only make one claim, regardless of variety or quantity purchased. For the avoidance of doubt, a ‘person’ is classified as a unique email address, mobile phone number and UK bank account.
10. Refund: Each valid claim will receive a refund via bank transfer for the itemised amount shown on the order confirmation for the Promotional Product purchased and to a maximum of £13.50 or £16.00 depending on the Promotional Product purchased, within 28 days of claim verification. All claimants will receive an email, either confirming validation or rejection with reasons and, where appropriate, the action required to correct. BACX Life Sciences Ltd are truly committed to help consumers achieve their future PB and may be in touch via the contact details to assist consumers in their PB endeavours.
11. Refunds are via bank transfer only. No other methods of refund are available. Bank transfer payments will only be made payable to the person whose name appears on the online registration form and the bank details entered. Please ensure your name is typed correctly and matches the name of the account holder. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for claimants failing to supply accurate information which affects fulfilment of their refund. Bank transfer payment will be administered by Umbrella Risk Management Limited.
12. No claims from trade, agents, syndicates, third parties, or organised groups will be accepted. No bulk claims.
13. No responsibility can be taken for claims that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the web page.
14. A claim must be made directly by the individual submitting the claim. Claims which do not satisfy the requirements of this PB Promise policy in full will be disqualified and will not be considered.
15. By claiming, all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter’s partners for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the claimant has consented. Your personal details will at all times be kept confidential and in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation to the UK GDPR or the Data Protection Act 2018. You can request access to your personal data, or have any inaccuracies rectified as well as exercise all your other data protection rights by sending an email to email@example.com. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to the use of your personal data as described here.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all claims by requesting proof of identity and further verification if required and to refuse to award claims where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these policy terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s requirements. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any claim, if in its reasonable view, the claimant’s conduct has been inappropriate, unlawful, or offensive or is likely to bring the promotion into disrepute.
17. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
18. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
19. The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these terms and conditions if an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activist, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
21. The Promoter has no control over communication networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, user error and any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the Promotion.
22. This Promotion is governed by English Law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
Promoter: BACX Life Sciences Ltd., John Eccles House, Robert Robinson Avenue, Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4GP, UK
APPENDIX: Strava Data Visualisation Example
Notes to the charts above:
a. Relative Effort only shows if you are a subscriber and use a heart rate monitor device. If you are able to supply this data point it helps us to assess your claim more accurately, but we will refer to point ‘c’ below (matched rides) if it’s not included
b. Weather Conditions have to be comparative. If wind speed and temperature are significantly different it will affect your time
c. Matched rides are an accessible feature for everyone on Strava. From this we can analyse your performance trend and ensure that the comparison is a fair one
d. Please include the route and elevation gain graph for both runs/rides so that we can confirm that an identical route has been used